Sunday, February 7, 2010

Fitness

Alright so its not like I'm a huge, but I am vain, and I would like to at least tone myself, for myself.  I would also like to quit smoking.  So although I realize thats its not right after the new year, and I didn't technically make any resolutions, who cares?  Never too late to start anything.  So this will serve as my journal for my progress!

I'm hoping some kind of public accountability will help me stick with this.  So tell your friends, and neighbors and family to read this and cheer me on, offer me advice and feel free to chastise me if and when I fall off the wagon. lol  I realized when I went outside to play with my son during this last snow fall and ran out of breath in about 5 min, that something needs to be done.

So here's what I'm thinking...  I hate to be chastised in any sense of the word.  I don't mind a little constructive criticism, but hate being talked down to.  I thrive on praise.  Love it!  Always have, maybe its why I've always been a bit of a perfectionist.  Also, I ordered the flirty girl fitness dvds.  I thought, hey I love to dance but don't really like going out, and I am a full time employed, doing it all by myself with no help single mom.  Of course there are the friends that don't mind babysitting, but who wants to keep my kid so I can go to the gym that often, and really I work over 40 hours per week anyway, so I really don't want to be away from my son more than necessary.  I need something that I can do at home in the winter, so I thought dancing is fun, I'll try these.  Also, I will keep a daily food and cigarette journal on here.

Current weight... 145

I guess I'm going to have to post some pics on here so you can see my progress, and I'm going to have to buy a scale as well since I only really know my weight cause I broke down and went to the doctor over this sinus infection the other day.  Alright!  Let's see what I can achieve.  I also want to invite anyone who wants to join me as well.  Let me know, and I'll follow your progress, cheer you on, whatever it takes to help get you motivated.

I will also like to just take this chance to pledge more home cooking.  I will track not only what I eat daily, but where it comes from.  I'm sure I'll love this inside look into my chemical riddled eating out.  I just ultimately want to be healthy for myself and my son, make sure I am doing everything I can to be there for him, and give him a chance.  :)  As soon as these dvds get here I will start tracking my progress with fitness.  As for right now I am going to sit back and smoke this one cigarette guilt free, and then let you know my progress.

Wish me luck!!

No comments: